K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc. is seeking to fill the position of Project Manager. This position requires an experienced, knowledgeable, and driven leader who will be responsible in working with project owners, design professionals, K.R. Miller’s field supervision, subcontractors, and suppliers.
K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate to applicant’s experience and capabilities. Position could often require greater than 40-hour workweek.
Project Managers will be responsible for the complete execution of a construction project including estimating, scheduling, subcontractor and supplier procurement, document management, change order management, project coordination and execution, and project closeout.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Estimating self-performed work including demolition, concrete, carpentry, drywall, and earthwork.
- Soliciting estimates and procuring subcontractors including verifying costs and scope of subcontractor work
- Scheduling construction projects in detail utilizing Primavera P6
- Soliciting, reviewing, verifying, and documenting project submittals
- Reviewing, verifying, and documenting requests for information
- Estimating, scheduling, coordinating, and documenting project change orders
- Tracking project costs and providing cost projections
- Communicating project progress, conflicts, schedule, and coordination with owner representatives, design professionals, and subcontractors
- Coordinating self-performed and subcontractor work with project superintendent or directly
- Representing company in industry events
- Project Managers must be self-motivated, committed to results, accountable, and details oriented
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to organize large work forces
- Experience as a construction project manager, assistant project manager, superintendent, or project engineer
- Experience managing project budgets, costs, and projections
- Experience with estimating and change order management
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in construction management, construction engineering, architectural engineering, or civil engineering
- Commercial construction experience preferred, renovation and new construction
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, construction management software (eBuilder, Building Connected, Primavera, Procore, etc.), and scheduling software (Primavera P6)
K.R. Miller Contractors is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc. must comply with applicable COVID-19 Federal, State, Local, and Owner vaccination requirements. If hired by K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc., you must be in compliance with COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
Established in 1991, K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc. has built a reputation based on our commitment to excellence in providing general contracting and construction management services. Focused on a principle-oriented desire to offer on-time and on-budget results with mindfulness for safety, our planning and scheduling commitments are fortified.
K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc. employs a full time professional staff of approx. 25 employees which includes company officers, administrative staff, project estimators, project managers, and superintendents, in addition to field forces ranging from ten to twenty personnel based on workload.
K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc. performs work for numerous clients including:
- Chicago Public Schools
- Public Building Commission of Chicago
- Illinois Capital Development Board
- Chicago Park District
- United States Postal Service
- Town of Cicero
- Lake County Facilities Department, Illinois
- Suburban Chicago School Districts